• Vanilla Ice Cream
• Creme de Cassis Liquor
• Mint Leaf (for decoration)
1. Blend together 1 small papaya (or a ½ large papaya) with 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream.
2. In each serving bowl, pour 2 teaspoons of Crème de Cassis liquor.
3. Pour the papaya and ice cream mix into the bowl.
4. Add a mint leaf as decoration.
5. Enjoy the light and refreshing taste of Crème de Papaya.
HLB Specialties, a Pompano Beach, FL-based supplier of tropical produce items, is now shipping rambutans from Guatemala.
The company is offering the product in a masterbox of 12 3.8-ounce clamshells with four pieces of fruit to a clamshell. Also available are one-pound clamshells and a five-pound bulk box.
According to the company, the rambutans come from the largest and oldest grower in Guatemala and are not irradiated. Additionally, the Guatemalan fruit is larger in size than fruit from Asia and has a deeper red color. The season begins in May and runs through November.
“This is our second season shipping rambutans from Guatemala,” said Melissa Hartmann de Barros of HLB. “Last year we supplied a major health food retailer in Florida as well as wholesalers on the East Coast and in the Midwest.”
Read complete article here